If before pregnancy, you were… You should gain…
- Underweight BMI less than 18.5 28-40 pounds
- Normal Weight BMI 18.5-24.9 25-35 pounds
- Overweight BMI 25.0-29.9 15-25 pounds
- Obese BMI greater than or equal to 30.0 11- 20 pounds
These activities usually are safe during pregnancy:
1. Walking. Taking a brisk walk is a great workout that doesn’t strain your joints and muscles.
2. Swimming and water workouts.
3. Riding a stationary bike.
4. Yoga and Pilates classes.
5. Low-impact aerobics classes.
6. Strength training.